Resonance

Thursday, July 27, 2006

100 yellow ribbons


"Girls in white dresses with blue satin shashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog barks
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel.. so sad..."

- Maria - Sound of Music

My favorite things, moments of joy..

The rise and fall of your palm when placed on a baby’s sleeping back
The taste of heady French wine
The burst of exotic spices and aroma during a well cooked meal
Hot water in the shower
Orange, lavender, white, brown, red, azure and green
Monopoly and Pictionary
The soft cushion which puts you to sleep
Orange slush and Kala Khatta
An infants, uncaring and endearing toothless laugh
Autumn maple leaves
Oriental lilies aur Mogre ke phool

Walks under a starry sky
Hot steaming Tibetan Momos
An early morning jog through Central Park
The smell of grass after the rain
An unexpected greeting card

Garfield's laziness
A melting cone of ice-cream
The faith of a pilgrim
Starbucks, Java chip fraappuccino with an extra shot of peppermint

Rustling leaves in the light evening breeze
Lemon sorbet
The peace of someone’s exhausted slumber
The winter fog

Tears that come when you meet your God
A kite that finds its’ freedom from the clutches of a string
Bhel Puri aur sadak ke puchke
Cold water on a hot summer day
A day at the beach
The bells that toll in a church
Badminton
A two hour “stroll” through Barnes and Noble
Window shopping
The first monsoon shower

Dew drops on the petals of a rose
The window which lets in fresh air and keeps out the rain water

The sound of silence..

5 Comments:

  • One of my favorite things is John Coltrane’s rendition of My Favorite Things that Rung just quoted. There are many versions with varying improvisations, but the one I like the most is about 21 minutes long and was played live at the Afro Blue’s Concert with McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • The soft cushion which puts you to sleep?? - U don't sleep!!!
    An early morning jog through Central Park?? - U don't jog!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 AM  

  • Agar guts hain to anonymously why this message..

    Reveal your identity and I will give a suitable reply to your msg!! Lol!

    btw. I do sleep and I what the hell do you think I do when I wake up at 6 in the morning to go to the gym?!

    By Blogger Ridhima, at 10:42 AM  

  • Ridhima - are by any chance mr. c and anonymous the same people?

    By Blogger Niral Parekh, at 1:29 PM  

  • Ni.. do you even really need to ask! lol! :)

    By Blogger Ridhima, at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home