Resonance

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

To have or not to have..

“Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahaan nahi milta..
Kabhi zameen to kabhi aasmaan nahi milta..”

My mother told me this sometime last year as I sat and complained to her on the phone about something that wasn’t working out in my life..

She listened patiently to me and then told me this phrase..

As I sit back today and wonder, I see what a blessing it was that everything I wanted didn’t work out for me.. that at that point of time I didn’t realize it but God had a better plan for me in mind..

Its good when sometimes things you pray for very hard don’t work out for you.. because most of the times there is something more rewarding waiting at the end of the curb..

But then even it there isn’t anything better waiting why should life be so complete.. why should anyone reach a point where everything they wanted worked out for them.. If that happened how would we learn to value what we had, how would we value our relationships, material possessions and spiritual and emotional enlightenments.. How would we learn our own strength that stems from the realization that yes we can do without..

When we look at whatever we don’t have in life.. why don’t we first look at what all we do have and how fulfilling that in itself can be.. Yes it is a very utopian way of thinking but isn’t it better than lamenting about what could have been and isn’t..

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home