Resonance

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

In love with..

..Boston

The commons, European architecture, North end, Com Ave. Copley, Prudential and Newbury.. and Babson

That city comes alive for me every time I go back.. and depresses me every time I leave it.. Memories in every direction I look in.. I see myself roaming around Newbury with my friends, walking up and down Com Ave. with cousins, going in and out of movie theatres and clubs, getting lost time and again in friends’ cars.. I guess spending three and a half years in a city makes it all seem very familiar and weirdly comforting..

My cousin after living there for four years and returning to it.. took a deep breadth in and said.. “Aah Boston.. I’ve come home” I was a homesick freshman that time and looked at him as if he had gone mad.. But today I know what he meant..

Boston ~ a second home.. my comfort zone..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home