Resonance

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shadows

A ghost from the past came to visit me last night
I felt a little disconcerted at its’ sight

I wondered if yesterday really looked like what I was seeing
My memory seemed jaded, I couldn’t understand what I was feeling

I wondered if today was a shadow of yesterday’s past
Trying to catch up but things seemed to be moving too fast

I tried reaching out towards the yesterday that was
Why it turned out like this, I don’t know the cause

Closing my hand around the mirage that invitingly shimmered
Rummaging through memories all scattered yet cluttered

I only seemed to have gripped a fistful of air
Unlocking that memory door, maybe I shouldn’t dare

Sometimes its better to let sleeping souls lie
Not even recognizing when on the streets they pass you by

Still it has come back to haunt me in my moment of despair
Can I turn my back on it, like I really don’t care

What if on the street I just turned around for one last glance
Will it bring back too much pain in that final dance

Or will I let go like satin slipping through my hands
Disengaging myself from the very last strands

Will I really be able to bid it adieu
And start afresh with the hope of something new

At this point I know not, maybe I don’t want to know
Maybe I’ll embrace it or finally let it go..



1 Comments:

  • okay girl - this one needs to be on the next broadway musical !!!
    as usual - I claim copyrights ...man ..its like something from the beauty and the beast - if she hadnt chosen teh beast in the end ..
    kau

    By Blogger Kau, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home