Resonance

Monday, August 21, 2006

Remebering school years..

Those days when we went to school with red clips in our hair
Doing homework at night and the next unit test – our only care

Standing in morning assembly and joining our hands in prayer
Bunking class and school, we would never dare

P.T, Library, W. Ex and Computer Science were all considered a free class
Always looking forward to first Friday and the morning mass

Tiffins got over before lunch break
Smearing on each others faces, the birthday cake

Sitting on the school steps discussing life and the next dream
In good times and bad, we were always a team

Rodrciks, Vadhwa, Cecilea, Ranganathan and Art Sir
Sitting through classes sometimes, such a torture

Going to the infirmary to sleep on the pretexts of stomach pains
Those tree lined and memorable school lanes

Moving back in the bus based on years and seniority
Sitting cross legged on the floor was cooler, getting a seat was never a priority

The canteen and always falling short of two rupees
These moments are etched in my memories

Those carefree school years now seem like past trends
It gave me cherishable moments and some of my very best friends

2 Comments:

  • I miss School :)
    Memories are the best ways of bringing back our favorite yesterdays !
    Kau

    By Blogger Kau, at 5:07 AM  

  • Hee. Atleast you only had red clips... accroding to my so-called friends I had the equivalent of red flowers on my hair! Not to mention the maxi skirt and the knee high socks...

    Hmm... :) Atleast I could blame my youth.

    By Blogger Yamini, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home