Resonance

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Teacher

I want to ask my teacher some questions.. I don’t know if he will ever answer them for me.. maybe he will be just smile and brush off his greatness as nothing.. and I will once again realize how small I am compared to him..

I have seen you since childhood
Toiling away your hours
Trying to make a better life for me
To give me what I want

Did you never question the benefit to you.. or how worth it was for you to see only other benefiting?

You sat and heard me cry
To take away all my pain
And make me see the light
By telling me simple stories

Did you never want to lose your patience with my childish problems?

You always followed a certain path
A path not easy to follow
Of absolute truth and integrity
Which brought you pain and suffering

Did you never want to just give up and take the path traveled by the others.. leading a more comfortable life..

In the quest for knowledge and truth
You gave up simple pleasures
Always doing the right thing
You set out to be an example

Did you never tire of being the greater one, sacrificing, compromising and adjusting

I just want to tell you my teacher.. That you are my pillar, my source of strength, my connection to God and to everything else that is true, wonderful and holy..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home