Resonance

Friday, January 19, 2007

Another reason..

It seems like just about after being knee deep in silver bells we have been plunged into the world of pink hearts.. Its amazing how much consumer confidence is placed in the sanctity of each festival and occasion! To be honest, I am not exactly a big proponent of VDay but I can’t deny the occasional excitement I feel about this day for other people at least, having helped many a friends' boyfriends come up with something.. But that’s cause its fun to plan and give ideas and see things materializing.. and who doesn’t like playing cupid!

I was just thinking about this and was trying to understand the occasional cynicism that one encounters at the mention of Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.. I guess the commercialization of these is something that makes the concept a little less.. well.. sacred..

I can see the basis of the cynicism but then when I take a step back and think.. there is a certain idea behind these days.. I realize that everyday should truly be a celebration of motherhood and friendship and love.. Its not like one can be a bad friend 364 days out of a year but just wishing a friend on friendship day makes up for it.. no absolutely not.. but.. I feel sometimes we get so caught up in daily life and the mundane problems of everyday.. the hassles and the worries.. that we fail to appreciate what we have and just sort of take it for granted.. I think that’s the purpose that these assigned days achieve.. the reason to sort of take a step back and be like.. “Mom – Happy Mothers Day.. I know I don’t tell you all year round but you’re the best”

I think if it makes someone day just a little bit more special.. and brings one more smile to this world.. Its worth it.. right?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home