Resonance

Monday, July 10, 2006

Soul Music


I think Aankhon Ke Saagar and Khamaj are two songs that sound like someone just played the strings of the violin that is your heart..

Aadat by Atif has become an aadat for me.. the passion in that song reveberates through the mind

Tum Pukar Lo from Khamoshi (the old Waheeda Rehman and Rajesh Khanna movie) is a lament like none other..

I get drunk on Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo from Monsoon Wedding..

The lyrics of Mehfooz by Euphoria leave me stupefied and jealous.. Stupefied because of how beautiful they are and jealous because I didn't write them..

The Sound of Silence by Paul Simon and Careless Whisper are silent passions..

I like to connect the Title of Bheegi Yaadein and the line from Najane kyon when he says "Yaadon ka phir aanchal uda.. na jaane kyon.. na jaane kyon" seems like the two people were writing on two different sides of the same coin..

I love the line from Jagjeet Singh's ghazal - "Aaina dekh ke bole aaj savarne waale.. abh to bemaut marenge mere marne wale.." That innocent vanity once in a while must be a good feeling..

Kaagaz Ki Kashti is a memoir so profound.. brings back an insane longing for childhood
..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home